When I first purchased the car from Revival Cars I knew that the front scuttle needed sorting, and in fact bought a replacement panel section cut from another 912. After discussions with TrackTorque, it seemed excessive to replace a huge section when it was only the lip that needed replacing. After Joe and I had been talking about other parts he spotted that Stoddard had a front lip repair panel SIC-502-026-00 as well as rear window replacement sections for the bottom corner area of the window which was heavily pitted SIC-503-052-00 and SIC-503-051-00. So I purchased all three as well as some other bits and bobs, and dropped them off at TT today. Its not cheap obtaining parts from the states , but some are not available over here so no option really. Also manufacturing the front lip would have taken many hours , when it was bought for about £80 inc shipping and taxes.
- Slight Diversion Arrives
- A Slight Diversion
- Paint and Underseal Finish
- It’s home!
- 02/07/2013 First Coat of Slate Grey at TrackTorque
- 17/11/2012 Rounded Drain / Sump Plug
- Parts Purchased 17/11/2012
- 16/11/2012 Parts arrive from Stoddard Scuttle lip and rear window corners
- 17/11/2012 Distributors,Valve Timing and Backfiring.
- 31/07/2012 Panels arrive
- 04/07/2012 Car at TrackTorque
- 02/07/2012 Beadshot- Etch Primed
- 30/06/2012 Beadshot Blasted
- 27/06/2012 Beadshot Pyrolitic Bake
- 11/06/2012 Car collection TrackTorque
- 29/05/2012 Stripping Decisions
- 08/10/2011 Front Indicator Removal
- 08/10/2011 Horn Grills
- 07/10/2011 Stereo Removal Blaupunkt Frankfurt
- 07/10/2011 Before
- 24/09/2011 Bought
- 08/10/2011 Headlights